Jay Freedman

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:19:06 -0700, Greg Rutherford Greg
wrote:

How do I add a column to a Word table that contains text that will repeat
within the column's cell for every new row I add?

Hi Greg,

You can't, at least not the way you're thinking (hit tab at the end of
the last row, get a new row with one column already filled in).

What you can do is create a one-row table with the proper number of
columns, fill in the repeating column, select the whole row, and press
Alt+F3 to give it a name as an AutoText entry. When you want a new
row, put the cursor in the paragraph *after* the table, type the
AutoText name, and press F3 to insert a copy of the row you saved.

Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org