Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mogwai mogwai is offline

Default I get "W" with a line through when I type "\"

I right-clicked the "EN" on the taskbar and it appears, as far as I can tell,
I'm using "English [United Kingdom]" with a U.K. keyboard layout.

I'm beginning to think this may be due to my installation of anti-rootkit
software as, to be honest, when I initially installed the two anti-rootkit
programs, my boot-up splash-screens changed and my keyboard ceased working
entirely. Unistalling them, re-booting and re-installing them rectified the
problems. For the past few weeks I've also had another problem with Word: I
continually have to re-set my page-setup defaults. This may also have the
same cause.

I'll uninstall the programs and re-install them and see if both Word
problems disappear.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

It's beginning to sound like you're using a non-standard keyboard layout. In
the Windows Taskbar, is the language toolbar displayed? If so, right-click
it and choose settings, and see what keyboard is installed.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible