Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Formatting an inserted database field

Have you applied Bold formatting to the first character of the field to
which you have applied the charformat switch?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Xanbaby" wrote in message
Using Word 2003, I have a mail merge which also has an inserted database
(by using Insert/Field/Database, browsing to the database, and inserting
the conditional database as a field excluding formatting). This database
is used to generate a telephone number dependant on data in the main
database (and I have to do it this way, unfortunately!!!!).

So, I have an inserted field which produces a result and displays on the
document. All working fine except; I can't seem to apply any formatting
to the field (all I want in this instance is to make the result bold).
Teh field is embedded in a few IF commands, and I've replaced *
Mergeformat with * Charformat wherever I could find them, all to no avail.

Any ideas on how to make the formatting stick once the mail merge ins run
would be greatly appreciated, as it's driving me absolutely nuts.