I have used numerous previous versions of Word and have never had any
problem creating a drop cap from any selected text (but it must be the first
text in the paragraph).

"Bob Frolek" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have Word 2002 (10.5818.4219) SP-2 (English) and Word 2002
(10.6612.6714) SP-3 (Czech), which both drop only the quotation mark,
no matter what is selected. Perhaps I'm just behind with the English SP
version, but I thought they were being updated automatically.

But dropping the quotation mark and adding the W inside the frame works
nicely.

Thanks for the help.