Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
martin martin is offline

Default placement of footnote

Thank you for the reply; but the blank area appears between the borderline
(between text and footnotes) and the footnotes itself. The area is created by
a series of 'hidden' paragraph signs (i.e. paragraph signs in grey, that
means not editable), so that I cannot delete them. The space (half a page)
could easily be filled with text from the next page, but that is not the case.

Best regards
Martin

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

"Martin" wrote in message
Dear experts,

in a given document wit Word-foonotes, how can I shift these footnotes to
the appropriate page, when I alter the pagination? Some of these footnotes
seem to be fixed to a certain page, and large areas of blank paper appear,

so
that the referenced passage in the text remain on a certain page and thus

the
footnotes stick to their original page.

Thank you
Martin