Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

Default How do you insert paragraph numbers and maintain paragraph spacing

As soon as I number the paragraphs they go to no spacing between the numbered
paragraphs. How do we modify the style of the numbered list to increase
spacing between the numbered items?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

One Option: For what you describe you should be able to simply use the same
Numbering feature you would use for a Numbered List - the button on the
Ribbon. However, you'll also have to appropriately use Paragraph Formatting
to add Space Before/After the paragraphs rather than following the common -
and erroneous - convention of pressing Enter twice at the end of each
paragraph. Otherwise the "empty" paragraphs sandwiched between those with
content will also be numbered.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 7:58 AM, in article
, "wyndslash"
wrote:

i know you can insert line numbers, but can you insert paragraph numbers? i
need to number each paragraph in my document for my class, but don't know if
this option is available and how.

thanks