Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Default capitalized autocorrect

Since as you have found out, there can only be one form of an
AutoCorrect entry, I would delete "Tran" and reenter it so that it is
the Capped version (Transaction). Then have a second AutoCorrect entry
"trans" associated to "transaction"

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Patricia" wrote in message
:

I have Word 2003.
I created an autocorrect/autotext entry for "transaction". But when I enter
"Tran"/Enter, the capital is changed to a small letter. I tried to add it
with the capital to autocorrect/autotext, but it wouldn't let me (changed it
to the existing non-capped one). In the document I'm typing, I need both, so
I can capitalize it when it is the title of a file or report, non-capped at
other times. What I've been doing is spelling out the ones that I want to
start with a cap.
Is there anyway to deal with this that's not more trouble than it's worth
(asking a lot of Microsoft, I know)
Thank you for all the help you are to us.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/18/2007 9:40 PM