Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gra Gra is offline

Default AutoCorrect

I use AutoCorrect to save time when typing long texts.
For example, I ask it to replace "sy", with "system".

I've never had any problem until, suddenly, it started to do the corrections
before I hit the space bar. This creates a lot of trouble, because it makes
replacements when I don't need them.

In the "system" example, every word starting with "sy" will be immediately
replaced with "system" after typing the letter "y", without waiting for the
space. If I need to type, for instance, "symptom", I end up with
"systemmptom", believe it or not.

This is driving me crazy, I use this tool a lot! What could it be?
Thank you in advance.