Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default AutoCorrect

Hi Gra,

What version of Word are you using?

Do you see the same behavior if you hold the ctrl key while starting Word?

Do you have any 3rd party keyboard macro/mapper utilities running?

===========
"Gra" wrote in message ...
I use AutoCorrect to save time when typing long texts.
For example, I ask it to replace "sy", with "system".

I've never had any problem until, suddenly, it started to do the corrections
before I hit the space bar. This creates a lot of trouble, because it makes
replacements when I don't need them.

In the "system" example, every word starting with "sy" will be immediately
replaced with "system" after typing the letter "y", without waiting for the
space. If I need to type, for instance, "symptom", I end up with
"systemmptom", believe it or not.

This is driving me crazy, I use this tool a lot! What could it be?
Thank you in advance.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP