Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Potter

Default Expanding Normal.dot file

Charles I opened Word, clicked on Tools in the Menu and then Templates.
There were only two listed. Adobe Acrobate (not loaded) and a Documents to
Go Addin (DVZWDaddin.dot) which had a check mark. I finally chased down the
copies of the second addin and renamed them. I have rebooted the PC and my
Normal.dot file is still changing and growing every time I open Word.

Any other ideas?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I suspect you have a poorly written Add-In that keeps changing your
normal.dot. The first line of defense is under Tools Options Save. Check
the box to prompt to save changes to normal.dot.

Then check for Add-Ins.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm
Decide what they do, and whether you want them. If not, uinstall them.

Write to the company that installed the Add-In on your computer without
asking you and send them a bill for your time.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Gordon Potter" wrote in message
Word 2002, SP3, Operating System Win WP Prof.

About a month ago Word crash upon opening. I deleted Normal.dot and
things
were "normal" again. Yesterday Word began crashing again. I noticed my
Normal.dot file was about 984K -- Deleted it again. Now I observe the
normal.dot file increases in size everytime I open Word - not need to
change
Word settings or open a document. This does not happen on my second PC.