Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Butterfly Bill[_2_] Butterfly Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007: hiding index codes

I have noticed that whenever I insert an Index marker, I see the code
{ XW "the word" } displayed spelled out in full whenever I select
showing the special characters, like the paragraph marks and the
tabs. This can throw me off when I am trying to format spaces between
lines of text and tables and pictures and the ends of pages by
manipulating the size in points of paragraph marks. Is there any way I
can selectively ask it not to show these codes when I otherwise select
displaying the special characters?

-Butterfly Bill