Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveH SteveH is offline

Default Printing special characters

Hello Peter

Many thanks for your reply.

The font I am using is Verdana in Word 2003 and the special characters are
those you see in the Insert | Symbol in Word.

My printer didn't come with anything: it is a bog-standard HP Photosmart
7660 ink printer.

Do you mean that Word finds these characters acceptable, but the printer
does not? How would I overcome that?

Thanks.

Steve

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Have you verified that the characters you're using exist in the font
you're printing with?

Do you use a font that was installed with your printer, that might be
old enough that it doesn't include them?

Alternatively, if you created your exponents with Superscript, have
you verified that your printer is capable of printing any superscript
characters?

On Feb 16, 4:37 am, SteveH wrote:
Hello

In my Word 2003 document I have a number of special characters suchas the
small 2 and small 3 used in maths equations (square root, cubic root, etc).

Unfortunately, these print off as small cubes and I was hoping to rectify
that, please.

Best regards

Steve

.