Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default minimize symbol missing

I'm guessing that Word is in a Normal window that has gotten pushed above
the top of the screen. If so, right-click on the document's Taskbar button
and choose Move. You will then be able to use the arrow keys or the mouse to
drag the window down. Once you have it where you can see it, I would suggest
that you save the document (if necessary) and quit Word to make sure it will
remember this window position. When you restart Word, the window should be
where you left it.

Actually, rereading your post, I suspect that you have not understood that
in Word 2002 each document has its own window. The title bar you see is for
the document, and the buttons are for the document window, not the entire
application.

"Ron Patterson" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have Word 2002. The problem is on my documents I have no way to

minimize
them - the blue bar at the top of the document is missing which means the
three symbols on the far right are missing. Ergo, I can not minimize,
maximize, close or drag the document - only the entire program.

A. Baba
Blue Master