Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Some fonts stopped working in Word--help!

If you don't get an answer here, try posting in
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts.

"A.Medel" wrote in message
ps.com...
I had a number of fonts that I'd been using in Word for a long time; in
the pull-down font menu, they had a "T1" icon. Now they all have a
printer icon. All of the fonts display correctly on the screen, but
they won't print. If I have a document with some TrueType fonts and
some of the T1 fonts, only the TrueType ones will show up when I print.
Here's what I've tried so far:
-reinstalling printer drivers
-using a different printer
-reinstalling fonts
-rebooting the computer
-doing a system restore back to a time when I KNOW I was able to print
these fonts
-the "font substitution list" in the print preferences window doesn't
have these fonts on the list.
-printing these fonts with other programs (works in Adobe Illustrator,
not in other Office programs).

Any ideas? I would rather not have to reformat the hundreds of pages'
worth of documents that use non-TrueType fonts.

Thanks!