Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy Wendy is offline

Default putting text on pictures

The "text box" tab was grey and inactive, couldn't figure out what to do...
I inserted a picture and found the layout just fine........thanks...now what
do I do?
I tried the page text box, but of course it isn't "fixed" to the picture....

"Wendy" wrote:

Thank you, I'll give it a try.
You said " firstly have a couple of enter keys before you insert the
picture", I'm not sure what that means...
when you say "Right click on your picture and choose format Picture" do you
mean in "my pictures"? or do I need to import the picture into something else
first?

"Dragons0001" wrote:

Hi Wendy, there are a couple of tricks for dealing with graphics and text.
firstly have a couple of enter keys before you insert the picture. then
insert your picture via the Insert Picture menu. Right click on your picture
and choose format Picture. Change the Layout to 'behind text'. then you can
create a text box (insert text box), draw a shape for your text box, type the
text and by positioning the cursor on any of the parametres you can move the
text all over the photo. To make the text box transparent, right click on
the box handles and format text box, colour - no fill and lines - none. If
your text gets lost behind the picture, right click on picture and choose
Order, Send to back. Once your text box is created, you can change the size
of font, colour etc.

"Wendy" wrote:

it's hard to research how to do something when you don't know the right
terms...
I want to put text on a photo and have it stay with that photo, I've also
seen photos on the internet with a name written across it in a kind of water
mark effect, the text is transparent but looks like it is raised.
A friend told me I can do this in word2003 and then store the photo back in
"my pictures" to put on the internet and I don't need to buy additional
software. If I can't do it in word can you tell me which digital software
would do it? I was looking at microsofts digital softwares but they are not
very specific about what you can do with it with text on the box. I have
Nikkon but the pictures I add text too are only readable in Nikkon.