Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Main Merge questions

For the check boxes, use an If...then...Else field and use symbols from the
InsertSymbol dialog as the items to be displayed.

For 2, once again use an If...then...Else field

For 3, you can send out the data source and get people to edit that. If
necessary, use the datasource to create a directory type mailmerge, in which
you have the merge fields in the cells of a one row table. Execute that to
a new document and then insert a row at the top into which you enter the
field names. Then send that document out. Subsequently, use that document
as a data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sd_eds" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have a few questions on creating a mail merge for Word 2003 I hope
someone will be able to answer.

1. Can checkboxes be used as a merge object? If a field is populated,
the checkbox will be filled.
2. I think I have seen it before but I am unsure of how to collapse
sections based on the value of a certain field. (ie. If a contact field
is populated, the fields associated with that contact are shown. If it
is not populated, it wont show the fields)
3. Can I set up a mail merge form, distribute it out for editing, and
see the changes in the data source?

Thanks in advance.