Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Line spacing

I'm sorry to keep answering my own questions, but here we go anyway...

I'd assumed that because the line spacing box was reporting 12pt when I
selected "exactly" then that must be what the document was already set to -
in other words, I assumed that 12pt equals 1.5 spacing.

Now of course I've realised that it doesn't. I suspect that in fact 12pt
equals *single* line spacing (which is why reducing that figure produces
single line spacing, whatever the value). And I further suspect that 12pt
is in the box merely as a starting value, not as a reflection of the
existing document.

So - and I'm off to experiment with this - maybe *18pt* equals 1.5 spacing,
and therefore 17pt might give me the just-a-fraction-less format that I'm
after.

If all this is nonsense, somebody please tell me...

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk