Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Line spacing

It isn't immediately obvious, since the spin box increments by half lines,
but using the Multiple setting, you can set any fraction you like (just type
it in). I often use 1.25 or 1.3 and even more frequently use .99 or less to
fit copy into a space that's not quite big enough for single-spaced text.

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Doug,

From the Format menu, select Paragraph then change the Line Spacing

under
the Spacing section of the Indents and Spacing tab.

I've been trying that, but - and forgive me if this is a stupid question -
what do I change it to? The default seems to be measured in points - I've
tried numbers like "11.5pts" but the result just seems to be single

spacing.
Entering "1.45" and similar has the same effect.

Am I missing something obvious?

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk