Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LDuncan LDuncan is offline

Default Creating List of Tables

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work (paragraph numbering was turned
off). Any other ideas? I need to hide these field codes. Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Also, is there a way to remove the sequence numbers that appear before
"Table 1.1.1" . I remove all Microsoft Word field codes before printing
and
it does not remove these. Any ideas?

It seems as if the Caption paragraph style includes paragraph numbering. In
the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, and then click Numbering. Click
the "None" option. Click OK to confirm the settings.

If you need instructions on how to display the Modify Style dialog box, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LDuncan" wrote in message
Hello-
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I am working on a report for a
client and they have very specific formatting requirements. I use
Microsoft
Word 2003 to automatically generate a list of tables with the Reference -
Caption option. This is what I currently have as a table caption:
1Table 1.1.1. List of tropical cyclones that entered the Gulf of Mexico
(GOM) in 2004 and 2005.

The cilent requires the following:

1Table 1.1.1.

List of tropical cyclones that entered the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) in 2004
and
2005.

However, when I insert a line between Table 1.1.1. and "List of tropical
cyclones that entered the Gulf of Mexico in 2004 and 2005", only Table
1.1.1
appears in the "List of Tables" in the beginning of the document.

Also, is there a way to remove the sequence numbers that appear before
"Table 1.1.1" . I remove all Microsoft Word field codes before printing
and
it does not remove these. Any ideas?

Please help.