Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
daddyplayzbass daddyplayzbass is offline

Default sending and receiving forms: missing submit button

Thanks for the advice. I see that I'm in a bit over my head here. I'm
trying to send an email survey to recipients in a database using checkboxes
and text boxes (all in html). The boxes all arrive fine, but the submit
button doesn't. Also, once the recipient hits reply, the boxes are rendered
useless.

I'm guessing html objects in general aren't compatible with mail merge. Can
you recommend a program that can easily handle the above task in a mail
merge? I also want to be able to send multiple attachments. Any help would
be appreciated.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

There are a number of features of Word that are not compatible with mail
merge.

The alternative is to create a "roll your own" equivalent to mailmerge using
Docvariable fields in a template in place of Mailmerge fields and have some
vba code itereated through the data source, creating a new document from the
template for each record, setting the values of variables in the document to
the data from the current record in the data source, updating the fields in
the document so that the Docvariable fields display the data and then
emailing the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"daddyplayzbass" wrote in message
news
I've created a mail merge for emailing to clients, asking them to submit
their response using checkboxes and text boxes. I added a submit button
so
clients could submit their response without 'replying' to the email. The
email is in html format and the submit button is formatted as follows:
?Subject="respo nse""
Encoding: html
Method: post
When I send the email, it arrives with everything intact, except that the
submit button and everything that follows it is missing. Any ideas?