Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Default Why is there a delay (slow) in adding text to a large Word table?

Cindy M. was telling us:
Cindy M. nous racontait que :

Hi ?B?V2lsbWEgTGV3aXM=?=,

I have created a table in MS Word and while adding text and
expanding the table, I have found that the more text I add, there is
quite a delay in the text appearing in the table cell. Anyone have a
solution to this or if they have encountered it before?

Besides Jean-Guy's observations, there's one other thing you can try
to speed things up a bit. If you don't need the columns to
automatically resize, turn this option off in Table/Table
Properties/Table/Options. This functionality requires Word to
constantly recalculate how each and every row should be laid out -
very resource-intensive.

Ha, thanks, had forgotten about that one!

--
Salut!