Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word 2003

"Hard copy" means the document on paper. Most editing is done on-
screen these days, but since files can get corrupted, or saved without
renaming, it's always a good idea to have an author's hard copy on
hand for reference.

(Apparently pdf's are now easily altered, which kind of defeats the
purpose of pdf's, so they might not be an adequate substitute for a
paper copy of a ms.)

On Mar 21, 3:18*am, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com
wrote:
Hard copy is a physical - rather than an electronic - medium; like a tablet
of stone.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"pammrick" Oregon Coast wrote in message

In editing do I work in "hard copy?" What is it?-