Linda Frankish Linda Frankish is offline
Junior Member

Default Templates Saved to Desktop

I have always been taught that in order not to "break" a document that has a template attached, the template needs to be saved on ever desktop that the document will be opened on.
I think this is an Urban legend, but I am not quite sure.
I create 100+ documents by creating a new document and attaching a template to it. I then fill in the content.
Alternatively, I take documents that already exist and I attach templates to them, and with the Organizer pull in the styles I want.
My problem is that I have seen documents revert to the Normal.dot and pull in the styles formats from there; however, it is my belief that as long as I have some kind of tempate attached, this should not happen. Am I deluded in that, or do I really need to make sure that the people I send it to have the template on their desktops.
Please - this is one of many Word issues that drives me mad.