Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Default Macros

Still, do it with a template. You can access templates with a keyboard
shortcut or menu if you want. http://addbalance.com/word/templatesmenu.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

" wrote in message
It's quicker to use ALT A instead of File, New, and scrolling to the
template
that I need to open. I always look for ways to save time. For me, it's
easier to run the macro, type the text, unprotect the document and use ALT
to copy the inside address for the envelope and printout both the letter
and
the envelope.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure why you would need a macro to access the letter. It should
be a
template that would appear in the File New dialog.

so
all may benefit.

" wrote in message
Thank you so much. I have created a simple letter that needs user
input

and
it works. Now I will program a macro to access the letter and I will
be

set.
Although I had formal training for WP and WANG, I am self-taught in
MS.

didn't bother to read about online forms because I thought they were
only

be used online. I usually figure things out easily, but this one thing

has
had me perplexed for 2 years.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This sounds like an on-line form - insert form fields where you want
the
variable text and lock the form.
Alternatively you could use macrobutton fields - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

wrote:
Back in 1994, I used WP5.1 extensively. I used macros everyday.
Three of the macros that I programmed were letters that required
user
input in various sections. One macro took about 2 minutes to
program
and saved so much time when I ran it. In 3 days, I had printed out
the same amount of letters and addressed envelopes, that took
another
person (who didn't understand macros) 3 three weeks to do the same
amount. I am trying to accomplish that same macro in MS WORD.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word uses macros in an entirely different way to WP. What exactly
are you trying to achieve?

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
When I would program macros in WP 5.1, I used the command CTRL
PgUp
RETURN RETURN so that the macro would stop at the place where I
wanted to insert text and the macro would then continue to the
end.
Can anyone tell me what the command is in MS Word to accomplish
the
same macro? Pausing the macro does not work.