Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter S.[_2_] Peter S.[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 Closes Unexpectedly (as it did in Word 2002)

I had a similar problem to ther users with Word 2002 closing while I was
keying data into a document. The problem was overcome by uninstalling and
upgrading by installing Office 2003 some time ago.

Today the automatic update (which shows as having added KB951376-v2 to the
Windows path) seems to have triggered the same unexpected closing of Word
2003 as before. I tried to fix the problem by uninstalling this v2 security
update but to no avail.

I followed VVS's advice and unchecked the default Word in Outlook's Mail
Format screen and then closed Outlook which I usually leave open.

This has not fixed the problem and Word still closes unexpectedly during
data entry in a document.

Any suggestions

HELP!!