Have you eliminated the printer as a source of trouble?

"undercovercopster" wrote in
message ...
Okay, I've tried all of the steps in the microsoft "Problems Opening Word
Content" file. Didn't help. It is not the Normal.dot template or Word's
Startup path. They must not be corrupt, according to the steps I've taken

per
instructions. Not Adobe Acrobat Reader either.(I upgraded to 7.0) The

thing
is, I can type a word, a paragraph & sometimes 1/2 a page before it locks

up.
There doesn't seem to be a pattern, but once it starts locking up, it

locks
up FASTER the next time. I uninstalled the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in

for
Word. HELP ME!!!!!

"undercovercopster" wrote:

Did you ever find a solution? I have had the same problem with word,

have
tried pretty much everything you tried & still same problem. I wonder if

it
all started when I installed the service pack 2 update. (????) That was

back
in October, but have had problems ever since. Mine is Word 2000 from
Microsoft WorksSuite 2001 w/ XP operating sys. Sure wish I could use

your
login name.

"****ed off user" wrote:

Suddenly whenever I try to use word the computer totally locks up and

has to
be rebooted. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled office 2003,

gone into
the registry and deleted keys office 8, and office 10 ( kind of weird

no 9
huh?), and as a last gasp cleared out normal.dot to no avail. I kind

of like
word but right now I am to ****ed off to even think straight. Why is
Microsoft software always so damn buggy?
--
hope this thing will finally work