Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CottonRLS CottonRLS is offline

Default Merging values into Word documents

Thanks for approaching this topic. I took your advice. I searched for "field
format" in Word's help file. No topic titled "Apply formatting to information
inserted by fields" appeared. Not in the top 100 listings of search results.
Nothing with that title appeared even when I searched for "Apply formatiing
to information inserted by fields".

At this time, I've having a hard time understanding how we can be talking
about the same program, since you evidently have access to more help from the
program than I do.

Do you have some sort of whiz-bang "Developer" edition and have I been stuck
with the "you're on your own, Bozo!" edition? Just my luck!

Cotton

"macropod" wrote:

Hi CottonRLS,

Since you're trying toformat field results, perhaps you should have checked 'field format' in Word's Help file. There you'll find a
topic 'Apply formatting to information inserted by fields'.

FWIW, You'd probably find that the formatting switch would work better as \# "$ ,0.00;($,0.00)"

And yes, it would have been helpful had MS made mailmerge field insertion a bit smarter by offering the available formatting options
as part of that process.

--
Cheers
macropod