Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Mayer Ken Mayer is offline

Default Sections, headers

Word 2007. I have a document I am building that requires the use of Sections
to allow me to have different headers (the footers can mostly remain the
same). The problem I am having is when I use the new section (Page Break)
option, after about the third or fourth break, the size of the headers and
footers revert to 1" tall, while in the earlier sections they are smaller,
about the right size, really. I would like new sections to retain the size,
but I cannot seem to find any option to set the height of a header or footer.
(According to my wife this issue has been around for some time.) If this is
not possible, is there some other way to do what I need, rather than the
section breaks?

The reason I am using the headers for the different sections is because I am
using tables to layout what is basically a script (for a play) format, and
when I get to the bottom of the page, letting the table wrap over to the new
page. By doing it this way, if I need to insert/modify the script the table
automatically handles readjusting (inserting/removing rows, etc.) and I don't
have to modify the location of the headers, by turning off the table (or
having many tables for a single script, one for each page of the document,
with a manual page title added at the top of each page saying something like
"This script, continued").

I am open to being told that perhaps there's a better way to do this, but I
would love to find there's a way to resolve the problem as is, because I
don't really want to have to start over ...