Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rubens_Santos Rubens_Santos is offline

Default Trouble when updating cross-references to other document

Hi,

I am using word 2002 SP3 (office XP) and I am having trouble with
cross-references to items that are in other document. Fistly I insert the
whole other document using INSERT TEXT (as a link) and it works fine. I can
insert cross-references to the items of a numbered list in the source doc.
But when I select all (ctrl+A) and press F9 for the second time the cross
references get wrong, I mean they turn in to the error message "source not
found" as if I had deleted the source items.

Is it a bug ? Is there any other way to build those cross-references ? I
have also tried it on word2007 and it didn't work neither.

Thank you very much.