Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
C. Cunningham

Default Individual merge letters - add-in error

Hi Doug,

I tried the revised template and it worked at first. I ran my merge and it
again let me through to the "Merge to Document" dialog box, and then the
"Select Filename Field" dialog box. I selected the last name field, entered
my file path and
clicked Continue. I then receive the following VB error message:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Method "PrivateProfileString' of object 'System' failed

We may have figured out part of it. My IT dept. has been helping me on this
too, and he installed Outlook and all current Office updates on my computer.
Still, I got the same error message, so I don't think that had anything to
do with it. Then, he had the idea to give me higher access rights to my
computer, and, lo and behold, it works just fine, separate files nice and
neat.

I was originally at the "User" level, but we tested it at both the
"Adminstrator" level and the "Power User" level and it works fine.

Question: Do you know if full rights HAVE to be turned on for this to work,
or is there just a setting that we can change to allow it to work with my
normal "user" rights?

Thanks,
Cara