Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
link MS Word with auto navigate by find

Default How do I link to MS word from html & auto navigate to a search

This is close, but I need to do it from a JSP. I can get close using a macro
in word and do location/wordDoc.doc /mMyMacro, but at that point I don't know
if a way to pass the text I want to look for in (the macro would of course
search for the given text). How do I pass parameters to the macro?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

link MS Word with auto navigate by find wrote:
Basically, I know the document name and the phrase I want to find. I
do not have bookmarks in the word docuemtn, and would prefer not to
add them (lots of documents, lots of search phrases!). I know if I
had a bookmark I could use location/wordDoc.doc#bookmark , but don't
have bookmark.

So, how do I do it?

From pure HTML, there's no way to do that. If you can use ASP, write a
VBScript routine that uses automation to run the search. The technique for
creating an automation object is essentially similar to that in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/C...WordFromXL.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman