Doug Robbins

Text can be formatted as "hidden" with it displaying in the document but not
being printed provided the respection settings are made under
ToolsOptionsView and Print respectively.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"L Smith" L wrote in message
Hi - I hope someone can help me - using Word 2000

I am preparing some standard letters for issue to several offices. Some
of
our staff are, to say the least, not computer literate, so I need to make
things as straightforward as I can.

I want to add some comments/guidance to the letters, to help them complete
them accurately, but I don't want those to appear in the printed document
by
mistake. I can't work out how to do this. I did think of using a macro
delete specified blocks of text prior to printing, but our IT people are
not
happy with macros being used. So, what I need is a way of identifying
text
in the document as non-printing, in such a way that the user can follw
the
guidance, but when they clcik the print button, it doesn't appear. Any
ideas?

TIA