Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jenjoh08 Jenjoh08 is offline

Default Microsoft Word Tutorials

Sorry I'm not too computer literate so I'm not quite sure want you mean
specifically. I'll describe the steps I went through to get to the tutorial:

Microsoft.com clicked on Training and Events clicked on Office online
training and demos clicked on Browse office 2007 courses clicked on Word 2007
clicked on Get to Know Word 2007 I:Create your first document ( actually I've
clicked on several other ones and I get the same result ). I go through the
tutorial and when I'm done the lady says now it's time to practice and there
is a box that says "Practice in Word" inside. The address for this is
office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RP102275011033&CTT=6&Origin= RP102275091033.
So I click on "Practice in Word" and two windows pop up. A small window
that says Downloading Practice with a progress bar underneath that never
moves, it just stays blank. The second window is underneath this one and it
is called Practice-Training-Microsoft Office Online and you can save your
practice session. Actually, after I posted this message I tried it again and
I clicked on the save button on the second window instead of trying to wait
for the download progress bar to move and I was taken to a practice session
which seemed to work. Now is this okay? I still think it's funny that the
progress bar just stays there. Is there something I can fix here or should I
just let it stay as is? Do you think this computer is whacky?

Maybe you could give some input into another small issue? When I downloaded
the 60 day trial of Office 2007, which was preloaded on my computer when I
bought it, I did the whole thing about getting and entering the product key
and all that. But now the icon on my desktop that says microsoft office
isn't a link to microsoft office but a window is the one that I used to enter
my product key. I can get to the actual Office through the start button.
Should I just throw this icon into the recycling bin?

Thanks Bob,

Jennifer

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Do you have a link to the specific tutorial where you're seeing this?

======================
"Jenjoh08" wrote in message ...
I went to Microsoft Office Online and did a training session for Word 2007.
After I went through the session it says now it's time to practice but when I
click on the "Practice in Word" icon a window pops up and it says downloading
practice but it doesn't do anything. I've already downloaded the free 60
trial of Home and Student 2007. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I just
bought this computer and I wonder if it is the computer? I can still return
it if it is. Any opinions/solutions.
Thanks,
Jennifer
--