Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Problems with Table of Contents

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm .

Luke T. wrote:
I've created a doc. that is very similar to another ( by using the 'Replace'
function to change one word to another throughout the document). This seems
to have caused a problem for the TOC- it says everything is on page '0' and
will not update. I've tried deleting the table and inserting a new one but it
comes up with a message asking if I want to replace the existing table (which
no longer exists!!). If I click 'Yes' it does not insert anything; if I click
'No' it inserts a TOC which again says everything is on page '0'. The same
thing happens for the table of figures and table of tables!