Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Default Word output to printer too big

Ok,

Point taken, but please note that I am neither the OP of this message, or
someone that usually multi-posts...

rant
However, as someone that frequently uses NGs to find the answers to those
little problems that crop up in my day-to-day work, few (NG related) things
annoy me more than finding someone else has asked exact same question as I
am having problems with and received an answer 'Answered in another NG'.
That is, I know that somewhere someone has an answer to my problem, but I
can't always find it... it would be so helpful from my point of view if the
responder to the post wrote 'Answered in your (duplicate) post in
alt.stuff.stupidQuestions.' or whatever.

Not having a personal go at you, you understand, just moaning about one of
my pet hates...
/rant

Have a nice day... ;-)

Chris.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
And this is why you should not post the same question in multiple
newsgroups. To be honest with you, I rarely pay attention to specifically
which of the Word newsgroups a question is located. I use OE and am
subscribed to 4 Word newsgroups and 10 others.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ChrisM" wrote in message
It'd be cool to know which other group, then anyone else with a similar
problem might be able to find an answer...

;-)

Chris.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Asked and answered in the other newsgroup.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Bagnall" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got an HP Officejet T65 printer. In Word it shows the width of my
text as 4.5 inches, but when I print it out the width measures out to
more like 5 inches (just under 5 inches). I'm using the HP Officejet T
Series printer driver.

The strange thing is, if I get it to print directly as a PDF file, it
outputs the file as 5 inches (slightly larger than 5 inches actually).

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

- Brian