Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

Default Master Sub Documents (Thesis writing with Word)

On Feb 8, 11:09 am, "Nick H." niko25at@NOSPAM (at) yahoo.de wrote:

I just created a template (.dot-file) and realized that I would like to
change something. Can I open the .dot-file, make changes, and save it?

well, one brute-force method is to double-click on the .dot file...

For each of the files, make sure that your own template is attached to
the file as the Document Template,
not as a "global template /add-in.

Use each style consistently in each of your documents.
Save changes in styles back to template.

(plus all the info in those other links)
cheers
Jay