Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Template for Fax

When you customize the fax template that comes with Word, you can save your
customization as a template. There are two ways to do this:

1. If you create a new document based on the template, you can save it as a
template by choosing "Document Template" as the file type in the Save As
dialog. Word will automatically save your template in the root Templates
folder, and it will appear on the General tab of the New dialog.

2. It is preferable, however, to create a new template based on the
template, by choosing the Template radio button in the New dialog. When you
save this, it will automatically be saved in the Templates folder.

The reason (2) is preferable is that your new template will contain the
macros and AutoText entries used for the clickable check boxes. If you
create a document and save as a template, it won't, and the check boxes will
not work.

If you want your fax template to appear on the Letters & Faxes tab of the
New dialog, then you will need to create a subfolder of the Templates folder
named Letters & Faxes and save your template there.

"FGOMEZ" wrote in message
This may not be the right place, but I do not know where to go.
Happen that I am creating a template for a Company Fax, Including the logo
on the header and address on the footer, but I would like to have as a
template that when I open a new document, I cna choose my customized fax.
Could somebody tell me how do I create this.

Thanks

Fernando