Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeDb

Default Comments/Track Changes unwielldy

This is exactly the issue I have:
- Comments and changes are NOT the same thing (but Microsoft seem to think
they are).
- There appears to be no way to select to see only one type of item in the
reviewing pane.
- There appears to be no way to change the layout of the reviewiong pane to
get rid of all the wasted (vertical) space. We don't all have 30 inch
monitors
- The presentation, whilst pretty, does not make for efficient working.

Also:
- The "next change" button in 2003 finds comments as well as tracked changes
(in 2000 it only finds changes, which is perfect).

I was hoping to find a post that identified how to configure these features
so that
A) Reviewing Pane presents information more-concisely
B) Reviewing pane displays only the type of item I am interested in at the
time (comments, tracked changes, etc)
C) "Next Change" button finds only tracked changes and not comments.