Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
okona2004 okona2004 is offline

Default Email and Hyper Link Problems with Word 2003 / Acrobat 6.0

Hello:
I am writing a newsletter in Word 2003 that contains email and URL links. I
have two issues:

1. When I PDF the file in Acrobat 6.0 using PDFMaker, when I click on an
email link in the PDF besides launching Outlook it also opens an IE browser
window. How do I create the links so that they don't open browser windows?
When I use ALT F9 to look at the code they appear as { HYPERLINK "mailto:
" }

2. I have some non-functioning URL and email links that look like the ones
above but that mysteriously also bracket the URL text with "HT...HT" (URL) or
"HT...TH" (email link). These characters aren't part of the text, and I have
no idea where they come from. Any ideas?

Thanks!