Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Copy cell from 1 table to another table automatically

Rest easy, you are not doing anything wrong, only that Word does not seem to
like the creation of cross-references within Table cells.
Try this, create the cross-reference outside the table, then drag/drop it
into the cell you want, should work now.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Formula in Report" wrote:

Thank you for responding. I am not doing something right. Let me try to
explain what I did and maybe you can spot my problem. Page 1 is a procedure
header that is made up using a Table (5 rows and six columns). One of the
middle cells is the TITLE cell. This is the one I want to copy to the
following pages actual "headers" made up of 3 rows and 5 columns. On page
one, I highlighted the "Title" cell, clicked on Insert bookmark and named
it "Title". Then I went to page 2 header, highlighted the title cell,
clicked on Insert Reference Cross reference. Ref type = Bookmark; Insert
Ref = Bookmark text, for which bookmark = "Title" and then cliked on insert.
But this did not work; did not copy the page 1 title to page 2. Can you tell
what I did wrong?
Thank you again for your help - aurora

"macropod" wrote:

Hi,

You could put the table header into the page header. Alternatively, you can bookmark the header entry, then insert a cross-reference
to the bookmark in the next table's header.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Formula in Report" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003.

I have a document that has a table as a header on the first page of a
procedure. One of the cells contains the name of the procedure. The 2nd
page (and beyond) contains another similar table, without as much information
as the table on the first page. But the 2nd table also contains the name of
the procedure. I want to put a code in the 2nd table that will automaticlly
copy the name of the procedure from the first table. I know I figured out
how to do this years ago, but can't remember how to do this now. Can anyone
help me? This would save me a lot of time if I can remember how to do this.

Thank you - Aurora