Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Section breaks

Thanks for the reply, Tony. I had a chuckle about my "fixing" the sections.

I was very careful to make sure that each new section was not linked to the
previous one and since there were sections before and after Section 11 that
were working well--at least when I scrolled through them immediately after
"fixing" the sections, I just couldn't figure out how in the world the very
first page of the document could have been affected.

I'm going to spend part of today reading everything I can find about
sections. I'll let you know if something "dawns" on me.

Thanks again, Tony.
"Tony Jollans" wrote:

I don't know how much of a grasp on Sections you had but nothing you do in
Section 11 should affect Section 1. The only possibility I can think of is
that, while editing in Section 11, you changed a Document setting that
affected Section 1; it is not always clear which settings are Section
settings and which are Document ones - for example "Different Odd and Even
page headers". It may also not be immediately obvious which Section's
Headers you are editing if you switch Views.

Beyond that fairly general note, all I can do is guess as I'm afraid your
use of the term "fix" does not describe what you did. Can you post more
specific details?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Island Girl" wrote in message
news
Yesterday someone asked for my help on a document which had 13 section
breaks
containing exhibits. I was able to repair all but the 11th section, the
three-page content of which was in .jpg format. I was just wondering if
that
had anything at all to do with the fact that nothing I tried to do in that
section worked. After €śfixing€ť the 11th section it looked correct while
scrolling through the exhibit sections. The next thing I knew the very
first
page (title page) of the document had an €śExhibit A€ť header. Id fix it,
look through it, the exhibit pages would look fine, and then----same ol
story: €śExhibit A€ť header on the first page. Have I lost entirely my
grasp
on sections or could the picture content have anything to do with it?
Should
I find another career?

Thanks so much for all of your help in the past, present--and most
certainly€”the future!