Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Miles Miles is offline

Default if then else for includepicture

There was some discussion of that in this forum years ago (search this forum
for "includetext conditional," result for 3/15/2006). The solution isn't very
reliable and you will see an error message box every time the file doesn't
exist, but the idea was something like:

{IF {INCLUDETEXT "{IF TRUE "E:\\Temp\\{Mergefield FirstName}{Mergefield
LastName}.jpg"}" } = "File is not available" { INCLUDEPICTURE
"e:\\temp\\default.jpg" \d } {INCLUDEPICTURE "{IF TRUE "E:\\Temp\\{Mergefield
FirstName}{Mergefield LastName}.jpg"}" \d } }

I haven't tested this myself, but there it is if it helps.

There is also a commercial add-in that entirely solves the problem named
OnMerge

--Miles

"Nicholas" wrote:

I am trying to use the includepicture syntex..
{INCLUDEPICTURE "{IF TRUE "E:\\Temp\\{Mergefield FirstName}{Mergefield
LastName}.jpg"}" \d }

However, what I am looking for, is if I don't have a picture, then I want it
to use a default picture as in e:\temp\default.jpg. How can I do this.

Thanks in advance.