Pat Garard

G'Day Streamline,

You might like to change your strategy:
1. In a blank Document, create a table EXACTLY as
you would like it (including any text and all formatting).

2. TableSelect Table
InsertAutotextAutotext
Give it a "strange" name (for now sgntre)
Add
OK

3. Move to an empty part of the document and begin to type
the name (sgntre). After 4 letters, Word will prompt with
the full name and (Press ENTER to insert).
When you press ENTER, your formatted table will appear.
If you keep typing nothing will happen.

The "strange" name can be anything you choose - I have a
personal preference for abbreviations that I will not otherwise
use in a document.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Streamline" wrote in message
Hi,
I am creating legal documents. I like to use tables for signing lines.
When I copy the table and paste into a new document or add as 'auto text'
ALL
the lines in the table show up. I then have to delete all the lines and
draw
the signing line back in. I am using Word 2002.

Thanks in advance.