Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds magicdds is offline

Default Lineing up merged data properly on printout

I have a letter that I want to print that has data being merged from an
Access database. The letter should look as follows:

Dear Dr. Jones,

Here is the information about your patient Tim Smith:

Classification: {Mergefield1}
Discrepancy: {Mergefield2}
Midline: {Mergefield3}

Sincerely,
Mark

In order to get the text of the letter to line up properly, I did the
following:

{Advance \x 60} Classification: {Advance \x 200} {Mergefield1}
{Advance \x 60} Discrepancy: {Advance \x 200} {Mergefield2}
{Advance \x 60} Midline: {Advance \x 200} {Mergefield3}

This works fine unless the data in {Mergefield2} is too long. Then what
happens is when the data gets to the right margin of the page, it goes to the
next line. Instead of lining up with the data 200 points from the left
margin, the next line starts all the way at he left margin of the page.

How can I get the spillover from a mergefield to resume on the next line,
but 200 points from the left margin, so it lines up with the other mergefield
data?

Thanks,
Mark