Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Sytles vs. Themes in Word 2007

In a way, you can think of Themes as variations on a set of Styles. Styles
are used in a template to define various paragraph and character formats
that are used in documents created from that template, and themes can be
used to globally change the appearance of all of those Styles.

Another description of it however is "eye candy" or you might say "nose
candy" and while experimentation with it might give you a bit of a rush, too
much can be bad for you. Getting adicted to themes could be bad for your
career prospects.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"moon4707" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using Word 2007. On the Home tab, you have "Styles" and on the Page
Layout tab, you have "Themes." I have yet to figure out the difference
between "Themes" and "Styles." Could someone please explain the difference
between the two for me? Thank you very much.