Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Start page numbering on fourth page as page 4

Do you have Show Non-printing characters turned off? Turn it on. Are
there extra blank paragraphs around the section break? Delete them.

Did you insert a Section Break New Page at the end of p. 3? If you
inserted any other kind of section break, delete it and use the New
Page one.

When you look at the headers & footers, did you unclick Same as
Previous for the header of the new section? If so, go to the first
section and delete the page number from the header or footer it
appears in. It will still be there in the second section, and unless
you changed the starting page number, it will show "4."

On Oct 1, 2:59 pm, Jeff wrote:
My God is this confusing! I created a new section at the end of p. 3, but
that created a blank new p. 4 which I don't want.

This is going to be a Published on Demand brochure. The first three pages
(Cover/title page, inside cover page with copyright info, TOC) do not need to
be numbered. P. 4 is the first page that needs to be numbered, and it must
be numbered as p. 4 with the remaining pages numbered accordingly. I cannot
figure out how to do this, despite over an hour watching tutorials and
reading help files.

Thank you.