Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Symbol Shortcut Key button greyed out

Hmm. Does this happen only when you're in one particular file, or in
all files?

Maybe it's a corrupt file or an installation that needs repairing?

On May 6, 2:05*pm, Thanh wrote:
Thank you Peter,

Yes, I selected a character, but the Shortcut Key button is still greyed-out.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
You need to select the character to which you want to assign a
shortcut in the grid of characters. (You can only assign shortcuts to
one character at a time.)

On May 5, 1:50 pm, Thanh wrote:
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007