Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Pasting Table Info from Word to Excel

Using Office 2003. I have created a table in Word where the first column is
address information on 3 lines in one cell (Name, Address, City State Zip)

Before going further with this Word table, I decided I really wanted to
track the information in Excel. Having trouble pasting the 3 lines of
information from the Word table cell into one cell in Excel. It keeps
pasting into three cells (i.e. A1 gets the name, A2 gets the address, A3
gets the city state zip). I'd like these three lines of information to
paste into one three-line cell in the Excel table.

I've tried changing the Word table so that there is a manual line break at
the end of each line rather than a hard return. No difference when I paste
into Excel.

I've tried doing a paste special in Excel after I copy from Word. No
difference.

There must be something I haven't thought of trying.