Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
yepp yepp is offline

Default CTRL+A+F9 does not work

On Oct 28, 7:49 am, Daiya Mitchell
wrote:
random guess--the cross-references are inside captions and/or inside
text boxes of some sort. When you hit select all, I'm not sure it
applies to text boxes. It definitely doesn't apply to headers or footers
or footnotes.

Instead, try switching into Print Preview and back (making sure that
Tools | Options | Print has "update fields" checked) and then Word will
handle finding the necessary fields.

yepp wrote:
MSWord 2003
300 page document with graphics

Trying to select all and update all fields. It doesn't work. I can
update by right-clicking on the TOC and update field, but why can't I
do it by selecting all? I want the cross-references to update as
well. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

No, not in text boxes or anything... Why wouldn't this work? I have
always used Ctrl+A+F9 key to update a document.