Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] drewx10@gmail.com is offline

Default P-hat font for statistics

On Feb 10, 2:51*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I'm looking forward to discovering all this new stuff if I ever get Office
2007 installed! (I currently have it on my calendar for this week.)

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in .. .

Hi Suzanne,

As 'other Suzanne' discussed in her article there is usually more than
one way to do things in Word.

In Word 2007 the equation editor has a set of predefined math autocorrect
shortcuts (Alt, T, A and select 'Math Autocorrect) that
include the ability to use these outside of the Word 2007 Equation Editor
as well by choosing the checkbox for that choice.

You can print out a list of the predefined keyboard shorthands from Word
2007 help by pressing F1 and searching on 'Math' and using
selecting the 'Math AutoCorrect symbols' topic

The autocorrect for a hat is \hat (followed by typing a space so adding a
p-hat can be placed by typing in the document (not
equation editor)
p\hat (followed by a space)
If you like the result, select it, use Alt, T, A and you can add \p-hat as
a shorthand to reuse it. *Likewise the shorthand for an
overbar is
\overbar *.

In the Word 2007 Equation editor you can select the 'Accents' choice and
the hat placeholder (similar to using the 'Embellishments')
choice in the previous Equation editor, to place that in your equation and
type a p to fill the placeholder.

You can also Embed an Equation 3.0 (old equation editor object) inside of
a Word 2007 equation or you can use Suzanne B's approach
to embed an EQ field inside of a Word 2007 Equation.

The new equation editor in Word 2007 uses a Math-ML capable font, and the
only one so far available is Cambria Math, that ships with
Office 2007. *The Microsoft folks are expecting/hoping(?) that with the
specs available for this that other fonts will appear.
Unfortunately, of the different Cambria Math font subsets available from
the Symbols grouping on the Equation Tools=Design tab for
the Equation Editor there isn't a specific set for
vectors/physics/statistics.

================
*"SuzanneN" wrote in message
Where can I find fonts for statistics - such as p-hat? *I love the new
equation editor in Word 2007 but need symbols for stats class! *- Thank
you in advance for any help here!
--

Bob *Buckland *?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

**Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*- Hide quoted text -

I hope you got it installed. The Equation editor in Office 2007 is
really good. Additionally, the file size is much smaller. To put a
hat symbol on a character, click on insert at the top, click on the pi
symbol so that it changes the tool bar, look under accent, and the top
right button will put a hat on your characters. Awesome.